At the request of the Governor of West Nusa Tenggara Province, KDH R. Ar. Moh. Ruslan Cakraningrat, on 17 November 1963 Sangkareang Education Foundation opened a new faculty in addition to the Faculty of Law , namely the Faculty of Economics, which was established as the preparation of being a national or state faculty. At the first academic year, The Faculty of Economics Sangkareang had 85 students. On December 19, 1963 the Faculty of Economics Sangkareang was inaugurated by the Minister of Higher Education and Science (PTIP) Prof.Dr.Ir. Toyib Hadiwijaya into the Faculty of Economics, University of Mataram, it gives birth to Mataram State University or the University of Mataram. The Faculty of Economics is the only faculty owned by University of Mataram until 1966 on January 1, 1967 opened the Faculty of Agriculture, followed by changes in the status of the Faculty of Law and Public Knowledge Sangkareang into the Faculty of Law, University of Mataram.
Vision, Mission, Goals And Targets
Vision in 2012-2025
““The establishment of Economics Faculty of Mataram University as a center for research and development of Economics and Business which is internationally competitive in 2025”
Mission in 2012-2016
Realizing Economics Faculty UNRAM which are:
• Being a leading institution in education service
• Being a leading Research centre at the national level based on the social values and local culture.
• Participating in the national community development.
• Developing national and international cooperation networks in the field of education, research and community service.
• Establishing a system of governance of higher education oriented Good Governance
- Providing educational services and conducting researches which have good reputation in the Southeast Asian Region.
- Playing an important role in the development of Asian community
- Developing cooperative network among Asian countries in education, research and community services.
Mission in 2022-2025
- Providing educational services and conducting researches which have good reputation in Southeast Asia Region.
- Participating in the International community development.
- Develops international cooperation networks in the field of education, research and community services.
Program of Study/Department
Now, the Faculty of Economics has shown positive development, both in physically development and the increasing number of study programs developed. It is recorded in 2012, that the Economics Faculty, University of Mataram had 11 programs of study including in Undergraduate level (S1), professional education in Diploma Three (D3) and Strata Two or Magister education (S2).
The study programs which are included in the level of strata One(S1) or Undergraduate degree are Economics and Development Study Program, Management Study Program and Accounting Study Program. In addition there is also Noon Regular Program of Management organized by the Directorate General of Higher Education Decree No. 15 / DIKTI / Kep / 1997, dated January 17, 1997 and Evening Regular Accounting Study Program organized by Mataram University Rector Decree No. : 1866 / UN18 / HK.00.01 / 2012.
The Diploma Three (D3) Taxation Program and Accounting program were established according to Mataram University Rector Decree No. 3831 / J18.H / KH.01.11 / 1997, dated May 6, 1997 subsequent gain operating license from the Directorate General of Higher Education with the Decree No. 146 / DIKTI / Kep ./2000, May 12, 2000.
As for the other programs are Diploma (D3) Tourism program organized according to Director General of Higher Education Decree No. 2612 / D / T / 2001 , dated August 6, 2001 with 3 concentrations:: Hotels and Restaurants ( HR ) , Business Travel ( BT ) and Tourism Business Development .